Advanced technical approach shoe with Arc'teryx Adaptive Fit technology, air permeable comfort and a seamless thermolaminated upper.
With an advanced design specifically geared for technical approaches and day hikes on mixed terrain, the Acrux FL combines Arc'teryx Adaptive Fit comfort, the durability of a seamless thermolaminated upper, and a unique outsole designed for agility, grip and support. The stretch monomesh Adaptive Fit liner forms to the foot for an exceptional fit with no pressure points. Highly air permeable, it delivers the ventilation required for long days in warm, dry conditions. The quick drying single piece upper uses seamless thermolaminated construction for elevated abrasion resistance and irritation free performance. Designed with Vibram®, the Arc'teryx Approach Outsole combines the grippy surefootedness of a climbing shoe with the stability and rolling stride of a hiking sole. Cushioning comes from the injected EVA midsole that is specifically moulded for stability and impact protection on varied terrain.
THE ARC'TERYX ADAPTIVE FIT ADVANTAGE
Arc'teryx designers continually seek improvement, and fit is always a focus. Their advanced performance footwear employs Adaptive Fit, an exclusive design featuring a separate internal liner. The liners are made from stretch textiles that conform to any foot shape, cushion impact, and do not absorb moisture. The construction uses minimal seams to help eliminate irritation and reduce potential for hot spots, and as there is no tongue, pressure and heat build up on the top of the foot are also significantly eased. Separate construction of the upper from the liner leaves a minute space, which acts as a conduit for air exchange and moisture dispersion, greatly enhancing performance comfort.
ARC'TERYX FOOTWEAR TECHNOLOGIES â€“ THE SEAMLESS ONE PIECE UPPER
Advanced technologies set Arc'teryx footwear apart. The Acrux FL's seamless one piece upper is an immediately visible example. The construction is thermolaminated. There are no seams, just a single, unified piece. Made from a PU coated nylon textile, the upper maintains air permeability and is hydrophobic for fast drying. The simplicity and elegance of this precision process is clean and technical, creating a smooth, uninterrupted surface that's lighter in weight, exceptionally abrasion resistant, and not subject to failure at seams.
- Breathable, Lightweight, Durable
- Integrated lace hole reinforcements for enhanced durability
- Front and rear pull loops to allow you to put shoe/boot on more easily
- "Y" Groove split heel technology for improved braking
- Custom patterned Vibram® outsoles
- Vibram® MegaGrip™ rubber compound is durable and grippy
- Traction grooves on outer edges of outsole
- Smearing grip insert, with lateral durability lugs
- Spherical heel shape for improved braking and smooth stride
- Sharp heel brake and mountaineering heel tread for stability, traction and braking
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
- RockGrip with anti-slip lugs
- 14mm Heel Drop
- Laminated heel and toe caps secure fit and and deliver precision support
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Seamless one piece upper with thermolaminated construction is highly abrasion resistant, durable, light and hydrophobic
- Tongue free liner ensures a larger breathable surface area and increased waterproof coverage
- Low height, light weight liner for quick-dry summer comfort
- Arc'teryx Adaptive fit utilizes an independent liner that conforms to the foot for a custom fit with no pressure points
|Weight:||410g / 14.46 oz (9 US)|
|Activity:||Alpine Climbing / Hiking|
|Liner:||Non removeable, 2 layer stretch nylon mono-mesh with air permeable EVA foam core|