Agile, durable approach shoe that combines elevated performance and construction with the comfort and waterproof/breathable protection of an Adaptive Fit GORE-TEX® liner.
Designed for aggressive approaches and long trail days, the Acrux FL GTX delivers durable performance with the weather protection and custom comfort of an Adaptive Fit GORE-TEX® liner. The liner stretches to conform to the foot, providing a level of fit not achievable with traditional construction. The construction also improves breathability and helps eliminate pressure and hot spots. Made from a quick drying PU coated nylon textile, the upper is a seamless single piece utilizing thermolaminated construction to create a smooth, uninterrupted surface that's lighter in weight, exceptionally abrasion resistant, and not subject to failure at seams. The injected EVA midsole is designed and moulded to work in tandem with the outsole for superior braking on descents and agility on the move. Three dimensional toe and heel caps protect the foot and further extend the shoe's durability.
THE ARC'TERYX ADAPTIVE FIT ADVANTAGE
Arc'teryx Technical Performance Footwear employs Adaptive Fit, an exclusive design featuring a separate internal liner that delivers best fit adaptability, improved breathability and more complete weather protection. The Acrux FL GTX's Adaptive Fit liners are made from a stretch GORE-TEX® that provides waterproof/breathable protection, full foot cushioning, and conforms to any foot shape. Using this liner construction also allows the GORE-TEX® membrane to extend to the very top edge of the cuff. This puts it considerably higher than traditional constructions, further increasing waterproof/breathable protection.
ARC'TERYX FOOTWEAR TECHNOLOGIES – THE VIBRAM® ARC'TERYX APPROACH OUTSOLE
Approaches bring mixed terrain and rapid shifts in topography. Surefootedness is essential, but the variety of surfaces encountered used to mean sacrificing one performance aspect to provide another. Unwilling to compromise, Arc'teryx partnered with Vibram® to create an approach sole that meets the variety of conditions without sacrificing ease of stride on flats or durability over the long haul. At the forefoot, a climbing area with traction grooves delivers superior hold on slickrock or granite. A smearing zone under the ball of the foot adds another level of frictive grip, and anti slip lugs hold fast on hard surfaces. The spherical heel is designed for a smooth, stable stride on flats and has an integrated "Y" groove for superior braking on steep descents.
- Waterproof, Breathable, Lightweight, Durable
- Integrated lace hole reinforcements for enhanced durability
- Front and rear pull loops to allow you to put shoe/boot on more easily
- Technical alpine approach footwear for multiple days spent in variable weather & terrain
- "Y" Groove split heel technology for improved braking
- Custom patterned Vibram® outsoles
- Vibram® MegaGrip™ rubber compound is durable and grippy
- Traction grooves on outer edges of outsole
- Smearing grip insert, with lateral durability lugs
- Spherical heel shape for improved braking and smooth stride
- Sharp heel brake and mountaineering heel tread for stability, traction and braking
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
- RockGrip with anti-slip lugs
- 14mm Heel Drop
- Laminated heel and toe caps secure fit and and deliver precision support
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Seamless one piece upper with thermolaminated construction is highly abrasion resistant, durable, light and hydrophobic
- Hydrophobic material
- Tongue free liner ensures a larger breathable surface area and increased waterproof coverage
- Low height, light weight liner for quick-dry summer comfort
- Arc'teryx Adaptive fit utilizes an independent liner that conforms to the foot for a custom fit with no pressure points
- Stetchable GORE-TEX® liner
|Weight:||430g / 15.16 oz (9 US)|
|Activity:||Alpine Climbing / Hiking|
|Liner:||Non removeable, 2 layer stretch nylon mono-mesh with air permeable EVA foam core|