ISLE ROYALE BUSHCRAFT PACK
-Twin, vertical 2-in-1 pockets straddle an axe sleeve.
-Each pocket is roughly the size of a 1L bottle and provides a space between the pocket and pack body to stow a folding saw or other long, thin object and keep it handy.
- Premium Buckskin padded backstraps are distinctive and comfortable.
- Ships with sturdy sternum strap installed.
- All the straps are carefully selected and cut from a side of strong harness leather.
- Lashing and compression at the sides with bridle leather straps, tough diamond-braid nylon cord and solid brass rings and buckles.
- A slip pocket at the bottom of each side panel, two D-rings on the lid and lash squares at the bottom (four squares on the full size and Jr., two squares on the Mini) allow gear to be stored on the outside of the pack.
- The lid features a slim pocket for maps or other essentials.
- Outer pockets feature solid brass grommet weep holes to purge duff and water. Each of the bushcraft packs now come with a waist belt holder built in.
A Medium Cotton Web Belt that fits 30”-44” is always included with No.730, the full sized Isle Royale. If you’d like another size or style, or want to add a belt to an Isle Royale Junior or Mini, check in with our team.
FROST RIVER BUILDS ALL WAXED CANVAS FROST RIVER PACKS, BAGS, AND ACCESSORIES AT THEIR SHOP IN DULUTH, MINNESOTA.
The Isle Royales are no exception. Weather and abrasion resistant waxed canvas from Fairfield Textiles in New Jersey, premium leather from the S.B. Foot Tannery in Red Wing, Minnesota, along with robust, solid brass hardware, all come together with heavy thread and pack building know-how by our experienced sewing and production staff there in Duluth, Minnesota, USA.
Frost River knows how to build a pack the right way, guarantee it to last, and will be there with service and repair should it need to be refurbished after years of service. There is a symbiosis created when carrying a pack handcrafted of natural materials into the field. The canvas and leather blend with nature in a way that modern synthetics can’t. The swish going through brush is softer. The scrape over rock is subdued, the natural colors and organic textures just fit. The smell of warm leather in the sun, the beaded water droplets, fresh off a canoe paddle stroke, glisten just a bit brighter on waxed canvas than they do on with man-made materials.
There’s unique character in a handcrafted, waxed canvas pack. It’s meant to be used in the woods, as it has been for generations. It remains relevant, and reminds a person to make plans to get back out again soon.
Those of us who care about what we carry, and can see an object for more than the sum of its parts, will notice an inherent value and a sense of camaraderie between an outdoor traveler, a trusted pack, and the road, the stream, the journey… Add a Windigo Signal Bag and some straps to add a zippered pocket that lets you blend in or stand out, depending on your needs and changing environment.
730 – Isle Royale, 732 – Isle Royale Jr, 733 – Isle Royale Mini WC
|SIZE / VOLUME||
I.R. 23″h x 15″w x 8″d, actual 2760 c.i. Expanded volume, 4968 c.i. (approx.), I.R. Jr. 18″h x 15″w x 6″d, actual 1620 c.i. Expanded volume, 2916 c.i.(approx.), I.R. Mini 15″h x 15″w x 5″d, actual 1125 c.i. Expanded volume, 2025 c.i. (approx.), I.R. pockets 11″h x 5″w x 3″d, Jr. pockets 10.5″h x 5″w x 3″d, Mini pockets 8″h x 5″ x 3″d.
I.R. approx. 7 lbs, I.R. Jr. approx. 5.5 lbs, Mini approx. 4.4 lbs.
4 external (2 two-in-one, 2 slip.), 1 internal map pocket.
Internal rain flaps, large flap over main compartment.
Harness leather, foam pad,, buckskin, plus sternum strap.
Leather strap and buckle, cord, and D-rings.
18 oz. waxed canvas, premium leather, solid brass hardware.